Tinubu Orders Arrest of Fake Agency Promoter, Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries
President Bola Tinubu has ordered the arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze and suspended three permanent secretaries after the ICPC uncovered another alleged fake government agency within the SGF office.

President Bola Tinubu has directed the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze following the discovery of another alleged fake government agency operating from the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
The directive was announced on Friday by the Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, Musa Aliyu, after briefing President Tinubu at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
The commission identified the organisation as the National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office, which allegedly occupied office space within the SGF complex despite lacking presidential approval or legal backing.
According to the ICPC, Nwabueze is alleged to have promoted the organisation, with investigators also looking into suspected links involving officials within the SGF’s office.
The commission said the suspect had allegedly used several variations of his name, including George Nathan, George Nathan Nwabueze, Honourable George Buchi Nwabueze, Prince George Buchi Nwabueze and George Nwabueze.
Following the ICPC briefing, President Tinubu ordered the immediate suspension of three permanent secretaries — M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare and Richard P. Pheelangwah.
The latest discovery forms part of a wider ICPC investigation that began after the exposure of the fictitious Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council.
The commission had earlier identified other purported government bodies linked to the investigation.
The ICPC says its investigation into the latest development is continuing.
Join the conversation
No comments yet. Be the first to share your thoughts.
Leave a comment
Just in news

Elegbeje Ado: Family Announces Final Burial Plans for Veteran Yoruba Actor

Abuja Demolition: Businesses, Residents Count Losses as Wike Moves Against Flood Channels

Tinubu Appoints Enitan as New Head of Nigeria’s Civil Service

Tinubu Orders EFCC Cash Recoveries, Dormant Funds To Boost NELFUND
Related stories

Kwara Police Commence ‘Operation VELVET’ to Enforce Traffic Laws

Omu-Aran Army Battalion: Irepodun Council, Traditional Rulers Pledge Support

Nigerians Ask Police To Allow Recording Of Arrested Suspects As Evidence

Tinubu Urges African Religious Leaders to Reject Terrorism, Kidnapping
From Crime & Security

IGP Disu Deploys New Police Commissioners To Eight States

Security Agencies Probe Inmate Crime Rings In Nigerian Prisons

Bandit attack leaves 21 dead and 37 abducted in Sokoto

Funeral Directors Renew Call for Stricter Regulation After Bush Conviction

